Oban Chip Shop accidentally fries visiting Coach Tour.

A chip shop in Oban has come under fire after accidentally frying a visiting Spanish coach tour during a busy lunch service.

Oban has received record numbers of tourists and people fleeing Lochgilphead this year, increasing the pressure on tourist services.

“Things were getting a little crazy, I reached to put some locally sourced haddock in the fryer and accidently picked up a group of friends from Valencia” said owner Brian MacPherson.

“I don’t suppose they’ll be writing us a TripAdvisor review any time soon though!” Chortled MacPherson.

The Scottish Medical Council advises not to consume or become fried food more than 3 times a week.